Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Error when Installing
Rainbow 
Hello

I am brand new to Gimp and this forum.  When I install the program I get this error:

[Image: GIMP_zpsjyxtb2mr.jpg]
Can someone please tell me what this means and how can I fix it.

I'm running Windows 10 Home - latest build. I downloaded it directly from Gimp.org

Thanks for any help

Loopy
Is this when you install Gimp? Because I downloaded the latest from Gimp.org yesterday and there is no gap_mplayer.exe in it as far as I can tell.
Yes as I stated it is when I am installing it. I downloaded it yesterday directly and not thru the torrent

All of the Gimp files are still on my computer after uninstalling it. I drilled down and found the gap_decode_mplayer.exe and when I double clicked that I got a dll error for libgdkk-win32-2.0-0.dll so going to see if I can download that from somewhere.

Downloaded the above .dll and placed in the System32 folder and Gimp installed perfectly. Just so other's know if they have this problem.

Thank you.
(01-26-2018, 02:49 PM)Loopy Wrote: Hello

I am brand new to Gimp and this forum.  When I install the program I get this error:

[Image: GIMP_zpsjyxtb2mr.jpg]
Can someone please tell me what this means and how can I fix it.

I'm running Windows 10 Home - latest build.  I downloaded it directly from Gimp.org

Thanks for any help

Loopy

Do not know what you are trying here but:  

As Ofnuts posted, not part of Gimp. It is part of the Gimp Animation Plugin (GAP)

An old animation plugin, not for new users maybe downloaded from here: https://photocomix-resources.deviantart....-135464357

Installs to the main Gimp folder
[Image: 5MbUDz3.jpg]

As with any other Gimp plugin, it is accessed via the menu system
[Image: rNDRGBl.jpg]

More information required on what you want to do Wink