Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Export Selection/Incremental Name Save?
I wanted to do something that I thought would be easier than it seems to be. Basically, I was hoping I could just simply make a rectangle selection (on a photo that has anywhere from 4 to 6 scanned photos from the scanner) and just right click each selection and export out. This doesn't seem possible, so I started making a macro that basically: Copies selection, pastes copy to new image, and then exports. The problem I now run into is that when it says "there's already a file with this name", it only has the option to Cancel or Manually Rename. There's simply no option to "save a copy" (incremental file name), so now every save needs manually renamed. I'd be totally fine with just "Untitled-0001", "Untitled-0002", etc. and without having to type it in every time.

I started getting a headache trying to script my macro to insert the current date and time at the naming screen instead of forcing me to manually type it in every time. 

Is there some easier way to go about this? The most simple way I was expecting was to just:
1. Ability to export current selection. 
2. Export with incremental naming capabilities whether in series or by current date & time.

Any help would be appreciated! I have boxes and boxes of photos to do this with.
See my ofn-save-next script, it has a routine to determine the next available number... Feel free to borrow/steal/adapt it.