Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Export items individually
I have a file with around 30 emojis with space all around them. All other areas are transparent. Is it possible to export them as individual emojis ? They are currently in a single layer now. Thanks.
(12-07-2021, 02:23 AM)meetdilip Wrote: I have a file with around 30 emojis with space all around them. All other areas are transparent. Is it possible to export them as individual emojis ? They are currently in a single layer now. Thanks.

Is it a PSD that you've downloaded? If so look in the Paths dialog if there is paths for each emoji and use them for selection, other wise
Unless some one is aware about a plugin.... I will do it this way
Select 1 emoji with (let say) the rectangle select tool, then copy/Ctrl+C -> paste/Ctrl+V to new layer
move the squared selection to the next emoji, then copy/Ctrl+C -> paste/Ctrl+V to new layer
This for all emoji, then align those new layers above each other to see only one emoji.
Then at the end delete the main layer (where there is all emojis side by side as it will interfere with the next step),
once deleted ➤ thenImage ➤ Crop to content
then export as png each layer (no sure but I think Ofnuts has a plugin to export each layers to png or jpg which will make the export easier, Ofnuts or Rich will tell)

EDIT: it's even better, I found it and Ofnuts speaks also about another script as well, you tile your main layer then export each tile, all is there ➤ https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-ofn-ti...ort-layers if your emojis are properly aligned on your image, it should be a piece of cake with just few clicks Wink
On the download page, look for ofn-tiles.zip and/or ofn-export-layers.zip (as usual read first the included manual to be sure which one will fit best your needs Wink )
Hi, thanks.

It is a .xcf file where I used the text tool in GIMP to add emojis so that I can use them as images. I would be happy if I can export them as single emoji PNGs.

I think the space is even because I used a spacebar after every column and an Enter after every line.

Extract objects to files plugin helped Smile
(12-07-2021, 06:37 AM)meetdilip Wrote: Hi, thanks.

It is a .xcf file where I used the text tool in GIMP to add emojis so that I can use them as images. I would be happy if I can export them as single emoji PNGs.

I think the space is even because I used a spacebar after every column and an Enter after every line.

If it's still a "Text" layer, you might need to do a right click on it in the layer stack then ➤ Discard Text Information in the contextual menu to make it a "normal" layer, then use the Ofnuts' tiles plugin.
I would work on a .xcf copy to remove all other layers (if there are) to get a clean MAIN layer to tile and export.
(12-07-2021, 06:50 AM)PixLab Wrote:
(12-07-2021, 06:37 AM)meetdilip Wrote: Hi, thanks.

If it's still a "Text" layer, you might need to do a right click on it in the layer stack then ➤ Discard Text Information in the contextual menu to make it a "normal" layer, then use the Ofnuts' tiles plugin.
I would work on a .xcf copy to remove all other layers (if there are) to get a clean MAIN layer to tile and export.

No need to discard text info. If you use ofn-tiles you just flatten the image first.

Otherwise there is also ofn-export-layers that will export each layer at its current size.
Another way using g'mic plugin. No need to flatten anything.

ref: https://i.imgur.com/0j0E54G.jpg
top to bottom
1) g'mic extract objects for the text layer (if you have a text layer, otherwise just a layer with individual shapes) Output to a new image
2) The new image showing a couple of layers
3) An individual emoji

Plenty of scripts/plugins that will export layers as individual files.