Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Export with Transparent Bkgrnd??
I have tried several things in order to export this image with a transparent background, i.e. select "Export As", selected PNG as format, checked AND unchecked "Save background color", same with Gamma, et al...nothing's working Angry

File attached, and any help is sincerely appreciated!!

Attached Files
.xcf   pop2.xcf (Size: 65.77 KB / Downloads: 172)
You do have an active selection hidden away, the hair layer, which might cause problems (use Select -> None) but not for this case

Best guess, you are using an image viewer that does not support / show transparency.  Example png exported from your xcf displayed in different viewers.

(12-03-2019, 01:29 PM)rich2005 Wrote: You do have an active selection hidden away, the hair layer, which might cause problems (use Select -> None) but not for this case

Best guess, you are using an image viewer that does not support / show transparency.  Example png exported from your xcf displayed in different viewers.

Thanks, Rich, for the quick reply.  I was utilizing "Preview" that comes with the Mac OS, and assumed it would show transparency?  Apparently not.  Recently "lost" my older version of PhotoShop (due to the 64 bit issue with Catalina OS)...that's where I used to open PNG's, GIF's, to check them.  I'm using this as a signature in Apple Mail, and apparently it doesn't support transparency either, as the background also appears white there??

Thanks again!