Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
c2g in Gimp 2.10.12 not performing as in 2.8
GEGL's c2g function in Gimp 2.10.12 performs very differently as compared to v2.8.  the outcome is much brighter, and the deep blacks are gone that were so helpful to simulate a film-based appearance.  i played with the settings for radius, samples and iterations but nothing comes close to the former appearance.  clicking the 'shadow' button didn't improve the result.  so, the current stage of c2g is pretty useless for me - unless i do something substantially wrong.

i didn't try yet the command line version for c2g in case that's an option with 2.10 - but i anyway never got that to behave properly in 2.8 either...

then, another problem (as reported earlier) is that c2g makes use of only 2 cores on my multi-core machine.  occasionally as i play with the 'split' function it may for a while run on all cores but then it resorts back to two cores.  why ?  but even then, i don't feel any difference in processing speed.  25Mpixels can take quite a while !

technicalities : 16bit rgb tiff files (converted from Leica DNG files), no color correction, Linux Slackware v15 -current, kernel 4.19.57, 16GB RAM, graphics card running at 4K, make is NVIDIA Corporation GK208B GeForce GT 720, using generic X drivers.