Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exporting onto PDF with portrait and Landscape
Hello.

I am new to GIMP and have been learning from trial and error as well as youtube tutorials.

One thing I cannot figure out is how to export a PDF that shows both landscape and portrait in on PDF file.

I am creating an A5 leaflet, so this is three layer groups, the front page, the middle pages, and the back page.

The front and back pages are in A5 size and the middle pages are in A4 size in landscape.

The issue is that when I export this into a PDF, even though I have left the transparent background in the front and back page to fit in the middle pages when exported, a white border on the left and right-hand side appears.

Does anyone know how to get this looking like a completed document without the white borders?

Thanks in advance
I think I know what you want. Gimp2.10 PDF export is not great. It has more features than previous versions, unfortunately the implementation is not quite there.  

Try this: I have attached an old script: Un-zip and put sg-save-pdf-multi-210.scm in your Gimp 2.10 user scripts folder.
C:\Users\"yourname"\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\scripts

Export each page as a separate file and open each in Gimp.  Should have 3 files showing in tabs. (1)
The script menu entry is in File -> Create -> Export Multi-page PDF (2)
Add each page in order (3)  add a file name for the PDF (4) and then Export.

That gives a PDF with separate pages of correct size. Looks like this in my PDF viewer.

Attached Files
.zip   sg-save-pdf-multi-210.zip (Size: 381 bytes / Downloads: 241)
Is you background non-white? Do expect to cover the whole page? And is you printer able to do it (most printers have unprintable margins)?
Thank you very much.

I have used this and it works perfectly.

Thank you for your help rich2005
Sorry to necro-post on an old thread, but I just encountered this problem and used rich2005's solution successfully as well. Just wanted to pop in and say thanks!