Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
.FIT file 'seized' by GIMP
Greetings, help shall surely be appreciated, please.

I have a Lezyne bike computer which logs ifles with a .FIT extension. Somehow, GIMP has 'captured' these files and created them to be opened by GIMP. Lezyne's o/s does not recognised them so I cannot load them onto the Lezyne site. I have un-installed GIMP hoping that might cure the problem but, alas, it hasnt.

Is someon able to help me, please? A priivate reply is welcomed, if allowed, @ careyskanda@gmail.com

Careybird

PS I tried to attach a copy of a file from Lezyne but apparently it has been forbidden
(07-16-2023, 10:03 AM)Careybird Wrote: Greetings, help shall surely be appreciated, please.

I have a Lezyne bike computer which logs ifles with a .FIT extension. Somehow, GIMP has 'captured' these files and created them to be opened by GIMP. Lezyne's o/s does not recognised them so I cannot load them onto the Lezyne site. I have un-installed GIMP hoping that might cure the problem but, alas, it hasnt.

Is someon able to help me, please? A priivate reply is welcomed, if allowed, @ careyskanda@gmail.com

Careybird

PS I tried to attach a copy of a file from Lezyne but apparently it has been forbidden

Hi! .FIT is also an image format used by NASA - that's why GIMP tries to open them. You should be able to right-click on the image, go to Properties, then change the "Open with" program from GIMP to whatever program you originally used.
THe solution from CmykStudent is OK but to always open the .FIT files with your program, don't forget to set a check mark :