Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Use Gimp Online to edit an image in Google Photos
Hi, I was wondering if it is possible to use Gimp Online to edit online, on the fly, a photo in Google Photos, so you don't need to download it in order to work with it.

If I use the right-click context menu in Chrome Gimp Onlime, I can indeed edit a copy of the photo, but I can't find the way to actually update the copy stored in Google Photos. 

Thanks in advance!
Maybe you can copy/paste the picture between two Chrome tabs, one open in Gimp Online and one open in Google Photos (not too likely though). Otherwise to have Gimp-Online be able to update the picture in GooglePhotos, you would have to give some random site your Google credentials because it would have to masquerade as yourself. Probably not something you want to do. Security and ease of use are rarely compatible Smile
(04-08-2021, 02:43 PM)ThOfnuts Wrote: Maybe you can copy/paste the picture between two Chrome tabs, one open in Gimp Online and one open in Google Photos (not too likely though). Otherwise to have Gimp-Online be able to update the picture in GooglePhotos, you would have to give some random site your Google credentials because it would have to masquerade as yourself. Probably not something you want to do. Security and ease of use are rarely compatible Smile

Thanks, ThOfnuts, you are right, the whole idea has security issues, as ultimately it is the user executing the Gimp-Online site who would actually make the changes.