Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fill not working on new layer, what am I doing wrong
When I have an image with a single layer and I use the 'Rectangle Select Tool' to select an area of an image, then use the 'Bucket Fill Tool' to fill the selected area with a color, everything works fine.
However, if I add a new layer (using all default values), make sure the new layer is the active layer, then use the 'Rectangle Select Tool', and 'Bucket Fill Tool', the selected area does not fill with the color. I'm using GIMP 2.10 on Windows 10.
Am I missing a step?
Can you post a screenshot of the whole desktop.

The obvious is the alpha lock in the layers dock, however not easy to set that accidentally. Other than that don't know.

There are other ways to fill a selection, click-n-drag from the FG/BG colour swatch works so does click-n-drag from the patterns dock.
(02-21-2020, 11:53 AM)rich2005 Wrote: Can you post a screenshot of the whole desktop.

The obvious is the alpha lock in the layers dock, however not easy to set that accidentally. Other than that don't know.

There are other ways to fill a selection, click-n-drag from the FG/BG colour swatch works so does click-n-drag from the patterns dock.

I found the issue. When I created the new layer, the opacity was set to 0, I changed to 100 and now I can see the fill color. Thanks for the help.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)