Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Filters
How can I use Nik-Collection filters in GIMP 2.10 on Linux Mint
(03-04-2021, 11:58 AM)CVJ Wrote: How can I use Nik-Collection filters in GIMP 2.10 on Linux Mint

Not to say it is impossible, just very-very-very unlikely that you will get it working. The Google nik collection is for Windows, comes as a big installer 450 MB.
Might work with WINE in linux ? WINE for Mint 20 is 1.2 GB of files on disk, then you need winbind and probably the stock Windows fonts. More bloat.

If you can get nick collection installed without errors then the various filters viveza / silver efex / etc come in multiple forms, 32 and 64 bit / standalone and a .8bf versions for Photoshop.  In theory the standalone should work in WINE. I get mostly errors or "the trial period has expired" Buy or Cancel  Wink

To work in Gimp, and they do work using the Partha Windows Gimp 2.10, there are dedicated python plugins to open the Gimp image in the stand-alone version and move it back when completed.  All very clever.

My advice, look at other ways, very often the basic Gimp filters or more advanced plugins like gimp_gmic_qt. Give some clues as to what you want to do, someone might offer some help.