Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Krita 5.0.2
Thanks for sharing, rickk.
That's a useful find in the package manager.
Sadfully some older versions of apps are removed instantly from the server- and then there is no chance to reset to older version via package manager.
(02-03-2022, 08:47 PM)nelo Wrote: Sadfully some older versions of apps are removed instantly from the server- and then there is no chance to reset to older version via package manager.

Yeah, I wish I had a better understanding of how the repositories are administered.  I assume it's several different entities, each with it's own priorities (distro creator, vs application developer, vs special interests; some perhaps even with commercial ties under the surface, etc)

But, it seems like everytime I try to get help at a linux specific forum, I always run into these misanthropes who relish preying on n00bs, insisting that reading 500 pages is the price of entry for what should be a two word answer.  Tongue

I've never been shy about RTFM'ing.....I'm notorious about it among my friends in fact. But some of these guys at the Linux help forms will compose a 3 paragraph monologue chastising you over how they are too busy to be bothered by  silly "101 level"  questions, when the answer to the question itself would have taken less of their time. 

I guess some folks are easily self amused?

Anyway, the Version of Krita that I've found usable is version 1.4.4.2......which I just noticed is listed as the "stable" version, while the newer version 1.5.0.2+dfsg-1 is listed as "testing".

So if "testing"  version is equivalent to what I've always called "beta"....then perhaps this is all self explanatory?  No problems with the "stable" release.  Wink

I do see what Nelo was getting at in regards to older versions getting pruned from the repositories.  It's especially frustrating because the latest upgrades for both Firefox and Chromium, tend to break Konqueror,  and the intermediate upgrades that caused no problem  are already gone.

And yes, I can hear Rich already...."Konqueror?"... Sure, it's a relic. But having a third  browser available for pay-walled  news  sites has undeniable benefits.  Angel