Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flip horizontal flipping all of my layers
Can someone please tell me how to flip my "duplicate image without flipping all of my layers I messed with this for an hour when it should take 15 seconds. I have to be not doing something really obvious.
   [Image: huh.png]      
Thank you!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(10-17-2019, 01:18 PM)Eazy314 Wrote: Can someone please tell me how to flip my "duplicate image without flipping all of my layers I messed with this for an hour when it should take 15 seconds. I have to be not doing something really obvious.
   [Image: huh.png]      
Thank you!

That is quite a big canvas you have there. 
Get used to the Gimp indicators for boundaries etc. The yellow dotted is an active layer boundary and is the whole canvas size
Flip will flip the whole active layer. That might be what you want.

However, you might want to clip it to just around the opaque pixels. Layer ->  Crop to content

Then when you apply Flip (layer mode) it stays in same location. 

That is easily moved with the move tool if required, just make sure you click on a solid pixel not a transparent one.
rich2005That is quite a big canvas you have there. 
Get used to the Gimp indicators for boundaries etc. The yellow dotted is an active layer boundary and is the whole canvas size
Flip will flip the whole active layer. That might be what you want.

However, you might want to clip it to just around the opaque pixels. Layer ->  Crop to content

Then when you apply Flip (layer mode) it stays in same location. 

That is easily moved with the move tool if required, just make sure you click on a solid pixel not a transparent one.

!!!!!!Thank You guys very much!!!!