Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Font dialog dropdown cut off
Question 
I'm using GIMP 2.10 on a new computer and parts of it are super tiny or cut off. For example in the image, the font choices are cut off The justify font is tiny. The brush tool options are also small. Is there a way I can make those larger?

[Image: gimp.jpg]
For the brush size click on that square in the screen shot below (you do need to have selected the tab of the brushes) Wink

for the other element, Take a look at > Edit > Preferences... a window opens, click on "Interface" try them... like un-check "compact sliders" (or wait for rich2005's answer, he knows well about those problem )
Those below are my setting, but I don't recall what the "huge" does

Quote:...I'm using GIMP 2.10 on a new computer and parts of it are super tiny or cut off...

Is this a 4K display on your new computer ? Even so, it looks scrambled, only general options which might / might not help.

1) There is a plugin here http://gimpchat.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t...10#p261235  that helps changing the menu font size and some of the icons. Increasing the size of the text will also increase the depth of the sliders to fit the text size. (Looks like you might have already tried to edit the gtkrc file) 

2) The tool box icons are still changed from Edit -> Preferences -> Interface.

3) The individual docks, brushes / patterns / fonts ... each have a drop down menu - look for the little left pointing arrow. Change the preview size and style to suit.
Sliders still too narrow, revert to the old style Edit -> Preferences -> Interface  Style -> untick use Compact Sliders example: https://i.imgur.com/J0auoEt.jpg

Thanks! It's nearly 4K, but not quite. It's a Surface Pro 3, sorry I didn't think to state that.

I found information on how to make the text larger and did do that. I switched back and tied the plug in, but I get a larger font with the theme I created.

The icon theme was using the "guess my icon from resolution" and it was already on huge, so that worked pretty well.

Making the preview of the brushes worked and my eyeballs thank you.

Turning off the compact sliders didn't seem to make a difference, but I can see the fonts and brushes it the right side area.

The justify for text and the "configure this tab" are still pretty small, but I use those more from memory that needed to see them, if you know what I mean.

I really appreciate your help! I can see it! I can see it!