Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adding a color overlay to an animated gif.
Hello, I used to have access to ps. Now I am trying to replicate what I used to do with gimp.

In PS when I wanted to alter the color of an image I would add a layer that was a single color then blend it or alter its transparency, this would stay visible over every frame in the gif. How can I add color over an entire animated gif in gimp? I want to give images a brown or orange tone usually, sometimes lighter but usually those colors. 

If this isn't possible in a simple way, can you tell me a complicated way to replicate a tone over the top of all the gif frames? Thank you.
With my ofn-interleave-layers script you can merge copies of a single layer into each layer of an image using a given blend mode and opacity.
Thank you. I am not sure how to do that at present, having just picked up the program but I will research. Many thanks.
(02-28-2020, 12:48 PM)Karrade Wrote: Thank you. I am not sure how to do that at present, having just picked up the program but I will research. Many thanks.
Download the plugin, unzip and put ofn-interleave-layers.py  in your Gimp profile C:\Users\"yourname"\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\plugins

The plugin comes with a HTML file have a look at that first: 

Depending what you intend you might need to "unoptimize" the animation first Filters -> Animation -> Unoptimise

Some hints: https://i.imgur.com/QQtjpzD.jpg

(1) You will need the animation in RGB mode Image -> Mode -> RGB 
(2) The menu entry is bottom of the Image menu. Use Interleave Single Layer over...
(3) Make sure the correct layer/image is selected
(4) Seletet a mode. depending on  what you need, maybe Screen or Multipy - up to you to experiment.
(5) Apply the plugin and get a new Image.