Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For your panoramas: Xpano
Want to stitch pictures together? Try Xpano (Linux and WIndows version).

Very easy to use. From this:

To this(*):

... in  matter of seconds. Only manual intervention: tweak the crop frame (but it automatically determines the biggest frame that fits the stitch, and can even auto-fill corners).

Only two downsides: install appears some what bulky, and JPEG are saved with quartered chroma (but you can saved to PNG).

(*) Image scaled down 50% to fit the forum's file size limits.
Ofnuts, thanks for the link, I tried Xpano out, mostly nice result, but a problem with this (in the result the pig is missing.....maybe scared?  Big Grin )

Why did it work the first time and not the second?

And did someone eyebomb the tower on the left?
@Ofnuts, the first picture is after stitching (preview), the second is after exporting the stitched photo. The exported photo is also missing the right part. Strange...
Can you share the pictures?
@Ofnuts, photos in site : http://denzjos.rf.gd/zwientje/zwientje.html
When you try to stitch the first two, XPano complaints it needs more images... so there is definitely a problem.

There are these weird intersecting flight of stairs that really make it complicated for him. But at the same time, you didn't just rotate. The first picture is taken from the top of the stairs, and the second picture is taken from further right, where you see the intersection of the flights. This is confirmed by the EXIF, there is a 40s interval between the two, plenty of time to move (only 22s between the last two)(for comparison, there is 6s interval between my pictures above).
Ofnuts, thanks for the reply. Stiching this photos with other software is possible. On the other hand, Xpano is still a nice program.
(04-05-2023, 06:43 AM)denzjos Wrote: Ofnuts, thanks for the reply. Stiching this photos with other software is possible. On the other hand, Xpano is still a nice program.

Yes, but the stairs area is likely not good.
Installed xpano from the 'buntu PPA and only just got round to a try-out. 

This a set of photographs that overlap fairly well and xpano does a reasonable job. Looks like a keeper, I was never that keen on Hugin.

I normally use an ancient linux AutoPano-Giga but it is 32bit / QT4 and increasingly difficult to keep it running. This a comparison between the two, xpano on the left. Looks like the same joint but I wonder how it determines the merge Smile 

Edit: This a kubuntu 22.04 machine, not used that much. I did a package update and xpano went version 0.10 -> 0.11 Might be a fix for earlier issues.