Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Foreground Select tool fails in Draw Mode
On a layer in my Layer Group, the Foreground Select tool rough-selectsDraws, but on releasing the mouse button nothing remains drawn on the layer.  (Foreground Select does work if I select the Layer Group rather than the layer.)

If I drag my Layer Group to a new image, Foreground Select works fine.

Since I had been experimenting with filters on the layer, maybe GIMP 2.10.22 lost its way somewhere.  Is this likely a bug or am I missing something?
Quote:...Since I had been experimenting with filters on the layer, maybe GIMP 2.10.22 lost its way somewhere. Is this likely a bug or am I missing something?..

Generally works for me with a layer in a layer group. What filters are used on the layer ? Maybe a full screenshot of Gimp Tools / Tool options / Layers dialogues might help.
(02-04-2021, 10:35 AM)rich2005 Wrote: Generally works for me with a layer in a layer group. What filters are used on the layer ? Maybe a full screenshot of Gimp Tools / Tool options / Layers dialogues might help.

Foreground Select also works for me in other layer groups. 

The Draw Mode failure remained when I returned the filter to Normal

I doubt a screenshot would have shown anything untoward because you can't show nothing happening.  Besides, I have now deleted the faulty image.