Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free Select Tool - Consecutive selection
Hello,

A little dilemma: I am unable to consecutively add to or subtract from a selection using Free Select Tool, although I set the Mode to "Add to current selection" or "Subtract from current selection".

The workaround I use is; I click on a different tool and come back and choose the Free Select Tool, then it lets me to do one more selection (add or subtract). I have to keep going back and forth. 

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

p.s. I don't have the same issue with Rectangle Select Tool or Elipse Select Tool.
Do you commit your current selection by striking enter (or double clicking) before you start another one? Since Gimp 2.10 you have to "commit" free selections (because you can still edit them even after you have closed the outline). Switching tools does an implicit commit which would explain why activating another tool works for you.
Not sure if they plan to leave it as-is or not, but you can follow it here.
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gimp/-/is...ote_843185
(08-05-2020, 07:07 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: Do you commit your current selection by striking enter (or double clicking) before you start another one? Since Gimp 2.10 you have to "commit" free selections (because you can still edit them even after you have closed the outline).  Switching tools does an implicit commit which would explain why activating another tool works for you.

That was it !

Thank you very much. I didn't know that, and now it works.

I should've asked this a month ago before I started editing my 550 road trip pics. Now I am 2/3 of the way....but better late than never.

I appreciate your time to respond.

cheers.

(08-06-2020, 12:07 AM)akovia Wrote: Not sure if they plan to leave it as-is or not, but you can follow it here.
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gimp/-/is...ote_843185

Thanks for the link. I see I am not the only one.
I think once one learns how it works it is actually fine and perhaps no need to change it but I must admit for me it wasn't intuitive. 
Cheers.