Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free select problem
I don't really know anything about photoshop. But I was using the free select tool and I'm zoomed in so that I can see the individual pixels. But for some reason it keeps on going into a triangle or something.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

This isn't PhotoshopSmile I can't reproduce your problem. Can you describe exactly what you did?
@qeeM  My guess, snap to grid is on and  a 1 pixel grid.  Using free select down the grid and back to the origin.  That gives a selection that passes through most of the pixels.

geeM - Gimp is is a raster editor and works with pixels. The minimum unit is a pixel. However there is a sub-pixel effect when you come to fill or paint the selection. There is an anti-aliasing effect depending on 'how-much-of-the pixel' with partial transparency depending on what you do, paint / fill / ...

Give some information on what you intend to do with the selection and you will get better advice.
I don't know how to explain it but, I would be using the free select tool and randomly the last point I've done has suddenly connected to the first point unintentionally. I can't add a video so that's all I can say.
(05-18-2020, 10:01 PM)qeeM Wrote: I don't know how to explain it but, I would be using the free select tool and randomly the last point I've done has suddenly connected to the first point unintentionally. I can't add a video so that's all I can say.

When everything works as it should, the last point is auto-connected to the first one when you strike Enter or when you double-click.

I doubt you do either without noticing, but in an aging mouse the contacts can "bounce" and generate two clicks that are seen as a double-click by the OS. In most applications you won't notice it, but in Gimp it makes a difference. So i would try with another mouse (or with fresh batteries in the mouse).