Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to shift the canvas? (rotate?)
I don't know how I got it.  Blush

I was with the free select tool selected and tracing a selection, using keys like ctrl, shift or alt, or a combination of them, I'm not sure what I did.
Then suddenly my canvas shifted a few degrees as shown in the image below.
[Image: oIecJbO.png]
I tried to understand what I had done, and I tried to recreate it, but to no avail.

In short, how could I have done this?
Samj PortableGimp 2.10.28 - Win-10 /64.
This is the new canvas rotation feature in 2.10 (mostly useful with a tablet). See View ➤ Flip & Rotate.
  • Rotation is done with Shift-middle button
  • Zoom is done with Ctrl-middle button
  • To reset use !
Very useful. Thanks.
(01-30-2022, 08:32 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: This is the new canvas rotation feature in 2.10 (mostly useful with a tablet). See View ➤ Flip & Rotate.

Ofnuts,

I thought that this option via the menu would be to rotate parts like layer, selection, path or image, but I had no idea that it was about rotating the canvas!

(01-30-2022, 08:32 AM)Ofnuts Wrote:
  • Rotation is done with Shift-middle button
  • Zoom is done with Ctrl-middle button
  • To reset use !

Of these 03 options, I don't get any results with Shift-middle button. (actually it looks like this centers the canvas horizontally)

Now, with the option via the View ➤ Flip & Rotate menu I can reproduce the effect I carelessly produced.  Smile

But the mystery remains.
I didn't use any menus when I accidentally rotated the canvas.
As far as I'm aware (it was 2:30am and I was sleepy) I was just using the Free Select Tool combined with keys to keep the selections straight.

Maybe I accidentally pressed a key...

Every day is the day to learn something new with Gimp!

Thank you!

Ofnuts, thank you!
Samj PortableGimp 2.10.28 - Win-10 /64.