Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
G'MIC Favorites - How to copy them?
Is there any way to copy G'MIC Favorites from other machines?

I have a new version of G'MIC and would like to have my Favorites in this new version. What is the most practical way to obtain this transfer?

Are there any files I can copy and paste to get this result?

Thanks in advance.
Samj PortableGimp 2.10.28 - Win-10 /64.
The gmic settings are held in the ...Gimp-2.10.21_Portable-32-64bit-Win/GMIC_Filters/gmic/ folder.

Copy the file gmic_qt_faves.json from old installation to new installation.
However, no guarantee that the syntax for any filter has remained the same between old and new gmic versions.
(10-24-2021, 08:29 AM)rich2005 Wrote: The gmic settings are held in the ...Gimp-2.10.21_Portable-32-64bit-Win/GMIC_Filters/gmic/ folder.

Copy the file gmic_qt_faves.json from old installation to new installation.
However, no guarantee that the syntax for any filter has remained the same between old and new gmic versions.

Hi rich2005,

I found the gmic_qt_faves.json file following your tip in the previous post, but I have two of these files; one on usb flash drive and one on a HD.

Possibly some of the favorites are the same.

Is there the possibility of editing these .json files in order to unify them? (copy the ones I have from the usb into the .json of the HD?)

Thx a lot!

I managed to merge the two .json files into one!
At first everything looks normal.  Big Grin

(10-24-2021, 08:29 AM)rich2005 Wrote: [...]

I don't know at what point I'll find out if there's any syntax issues between versions (2.10.21 vs 2.10.28) but at least the transfer happened without bug alerts.

I very much appreciate your rich2005 help!
Samj PortableGimp 2.10.28 - Win-10 /64.