Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GIMP 2.10 incomplete on Linux
Rich, I now have 2.10 (AppImage) on my Debian partition and Nufraw works. G'MIC runs, but first gives an "update error" (although I did not ask for an update). BIMP is not present -- and I cannot find it in my 2.8 installation.
(05-30-2018, 12:48 PM)payasam Wrote: Rich, I now have 2.10 (AppImage) on my Debian partition and Nufraw works. G'MIC runs, but first gives an "update error" (although I did not ask for an update). BIMP is not present -- and I cannot find it in my 2.8 installation.

The appimage works the same as other Gimp 2.10 versions. The first time you run it it creates a user profile.
Find it in your home folder ~/.config/GIMP-AppImage/2.10 It also copies any resources from an existing gimp 2.8 profile ~/.gimp-2.8.

My advice: Start with a clean gimp profile.
Delete the folder ~/.config/GIMP-AppImage/2.10
rename ~/.gimp-2.8 to say ~/.ggimp-2.8 to disable it
Run the appimage to create a new empty ~/.config/GIMP-AppImage/2.10
Rename ~/.ggimp-2.8 back to ~/.gimp-2.8 

You can then move scripts and plugin into the appimage profile, testing that they work as you go.

That might fix the g'mic message (or might not). It might just be updating the filter definitions. Little arrow bottom of gmic dialogue. You should have 501 filters.

BIMP. You need a 64 bit linux version. Zipped and attached. 
Unzip, put the file bimp18x64 in ~/.config/GIMP-AppImage/2.10/plug-ins. Should already be executable but check anyway.
BIMP has a dependency libpcre.0.3 That should already be there in your Debian installation, if not you will have to install from the Debian repository.

Attached Files
.zip   bimp18x64.zip (Size: 95.99 KB / Downloads: 200)
Thank you, Rich. I did as you advised with the profiles for 2.8 and 2.10 and both are now working as they should. The G'MIC message came up again, and only 392 filters were reported; but there are 501 filters now after a manual update. BIMP too is working. I probably would not have been able to find a ZIP file of it. Did not need to bother about libpcre as it was already installed along with BIMP for GIMP 2.8.