Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GIMP 3 - what are new and when
https://wiki.gimp.org/wiki/Roadmap

Went to the link and cannot understand what to expect in GIMP 3. Too technical for me.

From version 2 to 3 is a big change. So expecting and hoping for something really nice, powerful, easy to use etc etc.

Shed some light on this GIMP 3 please?

Thanks.
Actually the section that documents the changes between Gimp 2.10 and Gimp 3.0 is quite small, because the main point is to replace the graphics library (the code behind sliders, icons, buttons, mouse clicks, tablet...) by a newer version (GTK v2 -> GTK v3), which should 1) fix many problems (for instance, tablet handling) and 2) allow Gimp to run on more recent Linuxes (but I don't know if this library has already been ported to Windows).

In practice the biggest jump in functionality was going from 2.8 to 2.10...
(07-16-2019, 12:57 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: Actually the section that documents the  changes between Gimp 2.10 and  Gimp 3.0 is quite small, because the main point is to replace the graphics library (the code behind sliders, icons, buttons, mouse clicks, tablet...) by a newer version (GTK v2 -> GTK v3), which should 1) fix many problems (for instance, tablet handling) and 2) allow Gimp to run on more recent Linuxes (but I don't know if this library has already been ported to Windows).

In practice the biggest jump in functionality was going from 2.8 to 2.10...

I see. Thanks. That is crystal clear now. 

Roughly by when?

Thanks.