Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GIMP Appimage and the obsolete version of the plug-in protocol
Hi all,

I'm trying out GIMP Appimage next to my flatpak.

With several script/ plugins I get  warning like this:

Quote:Could not execute plug-in "simple-border"
(/home/hannelore/.config/GIMP-AppImage/2.10/beautify/simple-border)
because it uses an obsolete version of the plug-in protocol.

It's not only simple-border (of beautify), but others as well. They do run on my flatpak version, so I guess it has something to do with the Appimage. Anything I can do about it? A bug in the Appimage?

Version Info:
I'm on Linux Mint 18.3
Appimage for example: GIMP_AppImage-git-2.10.9-withplugins-20181122-x86_64.AppImage

Regards
nelo
As far as I know, Carmelo has stopped using Ubuntu as a platform for his appimages and switched to CentOS, which is RedHat RPM based.

That is one problem with those appimages, very much self contained, so while script-fu and python will work I think you will need beautify compiled in CentOS.

I have come across that error message before with my PClinuxOS desktop (also RPM packages) just means incompatible.

With Carmelo's appimages you should be ok up to 2.10.5 (glibc2.15) The next version might work, not tried it.

test: https://i.imgur.com/EQVzHft.jpg
Ah thanks for the info ..
So I'll stick with the flatpak then.
About the AppImage Version you might be right. It's about the 2.10.6 series when I first noticed this ... don't remember exactly which version. Then I thought that's a temporary issue, but I was wrong.
Ok ... good to know what the problem is.
Thanks a lot.