Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Detect Gimp Version
Okay, I might not get it, but I want to detect the version of Gimp I'm using - seems simple enough right?
But there is no menu choice to do so. Such as Help > About

Yes, I'm using OS High Sierra. I understand that the current download is stock without add-ons.
Is version info an add-on?

Here's a screen capture of the Gimp interface.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(01-26-2018, 10:23 PM)jojohaligo Wrote: Okay, I might not get it, but I want to detect the version of Gimp I'm using - seems simple enough right?

Yes, I'm using OS High Sierra. I understand that the current download is stock without add-ons.

Strange, as far as I can tell both Linux and Windows version have an "About" choice in "Help" (fourth down). But no "Search".

You can tell your Gimp version like this: Filters>Python-fu>Console, and enter "gimp.version".
(01-26-2018, 11:22 PM)Ofnuts Wrote:
(01-26-2018, 10:23 PM)jojohaligo Wrote: Okay, I might not get it, but I want to detect the version of Gimp I'm using - seems simple enough right?

Strange, as far as I can tell both Linux and Windows version have an "About" choice in "Help" (fourth down). But no "Search".

You can tell your Gimp version like this: Filters>Python-fu>Console, and enter "gimp.version".

Well, that's cool. Thank you!