Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where is "Advanced color options"?
Hi, everyone!

According to the official document, If you check the "Preference > Color Management > Filter Dialog > Show Advanced color options", you can access the advanced color option in Filter dialog. However, I was not able to find any difference between the enabled this option and not. 

[Image: 2024-04-12_00-57-33-8bbebcad034916b97a49...a59f28.png]

Would you give me a some example of Filter dialog and how this option works?

Thanks in advance!

Environment: Windows 10, GIMP 2.10.36
(04-12-2024, 12:43 AM)wonder13662 Wrote: Would you give me a some example of Filter dialog and how this option works?  

Just look in various Color menu filters, this example.

All the same dialogue about using RGB rather than the defined colour space (such as PhotoGamut.icc).  I don't use this option but I suppose if you are distributing the image and know that recipients will only use RGB you might use it.
---------
Edit: You have me looking for info now Wink
Plenty about advanced this-and-that that do not actually use this option but this one from Elle Stone about the desaturation filter. Thinks it is not a good idea.
https://www.spinics.net/lists/gimp-docs/msg03238.html

Are you looking for this?
Check,  Filters - Generic - Convolution Matrix and you can expand  Advanced colour options in that window.

Looks like it is in a lot of the GEGL filters

Smile
Thanks a lot, rich2005 and sallyanne. Your comments are so much helpful Smile
Indeed you need to activate it in the preferences, top menu Edit Preferences, a window opens, go to Color Management on the right side at the very bottom activate the Show Advanced color options

Then in all GEGL filters (filters taged with a  gegl ) and most in Colors and elsewhere you will have that:

Basically ALL filters who support the canvas Preview AND the Split view

Patrice