Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GIMP not deleting cropped pixels
I'm fairly new to GIMP, so maybe I'm doing something wrong. But when I crop an image, it leaves the pixelated background there. So when I reopen the image, you can see the area that was cropped (which shows as a white border in the attached screenshot. I have the "delete cropped pixels" box checked, so that shouldn't be happening. Can anyone suggest something I might be doing wrong?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

In the Tool options un-check "Current layer only". When it is set you crop only the layer (that becomes smaller) but not the image canvas. So when you export, the exported image has the size of the canvas, and the space around the layer is filled with the background color.
Also don't save your image as a jpg either or your transparent areas will be white after you open it again. JPG's do not support transparency but png does

Smile
(12-10-2022, 06:54 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: In the Tool options un-check "Current layer only". When it is set you crop only the layer (that becomes smaller) but not the image canvas. So when you export, the exported image has the size of the canvas, and the space around the layer is filled with the background color.

Thank you! This seemed to be the issue.

(12-10-2022, 11:00 AM)sallyanne Wrote: Also don't save your image as a jpg either or your transparent areas will be white after you open it again. JPG's do not support transparency but png does

Didn't realize this. Thanks!!