Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GIMP with iRacing
Sad 
Hi everyone,

I am fairly new to GIMP I have recently started creating car paint schemes using GIMP the last few weeks. Today is the first time I have run into this issue, but when you pull in the iRacing template and the paint scheme you want to use. I go in to change the colors and no matter what color I choose it is like the Red Green and Blue merge with that color and makes it a different color. Like trying to replace red with the white creates a cyan color and other weird combinations. 

Like I said I have made several car schemes and today is the first time I have ran into this issue. Does anyone know of a fix or why the software would be doing this?

Thank you all!
Looks like some image somewhere is not full RGB but color-indexed (change with Image>Mode>RGB).
Thanks for the quick response, I have already tried that step. It is super weird because it will start off working just fine. My issue comes up when I create new layers to put all the red channel, green channel and blue channel layers into their own separate layers. So I’ll go into the channels and select the green, make sure the green layer is selected that I created and when I change the color it will work fine. Then I will go to do the red channel same way and change the color and it changes the color to a weird cyan color, when I am trying to make it a white layer.

So I’m not exactly sure why it’s doing this, but it has never done it before and I have tested it on a car scheme I have already customized and it breaks it now.

I tried uninstalling and CCleaner and then reinstall but it still does the same thing.
(08-12-2020, 11:14 AM)Yoder_23 Wrote: Thanks for the quick response, I have already tried that step. It is super weird because it will start off working just fine. My issue comes up when I create new layers to put all the red channel, green channel and blue channel layers into their own separate layers. So I’ll go into the channels and select the green, make sure the green layer is selected that I created and when I change the color it will work fine. Then I will go to do the red channel same way and change the color and it changes the color to a weird cyan color, when I am trying to make it a white layer.

So I’m not exactly sure why it’s doing this, but it has never done it before and I have tested it on a car scheme I have already customized and it breaks it now.

I tried uninstalling and CCleaner and then reinstall but it still does the same thing.

If you manipulate channels, before you go painting the layers, make sure that the three RGB channels are selected in the Channels list(*). Those that are not selected are left unchanged, so if you paint white when the green channel is deselected, only Red and Blue are changed and you get purple.

(*) This is a known UI bug/feature, if you click a channel to drag it, this toggles its state...
You’re the best! That’s what it was, I had accidentally deselected them all so it was only changing one! Thanks so much!
Got burned several times myself Smile