Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unable to build gegl from source
Hello everyone, I would like to use the AI plugins for gimp and I'm trying to install the packages (babl and gegl) and gimp from source following https://github.com/intel/openvino-ai-plugins-gimp 

Unfortunately I get to an error when building gegl. Below is the final part of the error:

Code:
FAILED: tools/exp_combine.p/exp_combine.cpp.o
c++ -Itools/exp_combine.p -Itools -I../tools -I. -I.. -Igegl -I../gegl -Igegl/buffer -I../gegl/buffer -Igegl/graph -I../gegl/graph -Igegl/module -I../gegl/module -Igegl/opencl -I../gegl/opencl -Igegl/operation -I../gegl/operation -Igegl/process -I../gegl/process -Igegl/property-types -I../gegl/property-types -I/usr/local/include/babl-0.1 -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/libmount -I/usr/include/blkid -fdiagnostics-color=always -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -Wall -Winvalid-pch -std=gnu++14 -O2 -g -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -Ofast -DGEGL_ENABLE_DEBUG -Winit-self -Wmissing-declarations -Wpointer-arith -Wno-unused-parameter -Wno-cast-function-type -ftree-vectorize -pthread -MD -MQ tools/exp_combine.p/exp_combine.cpp.o -MF tools/exp_combine.p/exp_combine.cpp.o.d -o tools/exp_combine.p/exp_combine.cpp.o -c ../tools/exp_combine.cpp
../tools/exp_combine.cpp: In function ‘gfloat expcombine_get_file_ev(const gchar*)’:
../tools/exp_combine.cpp:71:5: error: ‘gexiv2_metadata_try_get_exposure_time’ was not declared in this scope; did you mean ‘gexiv2_metadata_get_exposure_time’?
  71 |     gexiv2_metadata_try_get_exposure_time (e2m, &nom, &den, &error);
     |     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
     |     gexiv2_metadata_get_exposure_time
../tools/exp_combine.cpp:74:14: error: ‘gexiv2_metadata_try_get_fnumber’ was not declared in this scope; did you mean ‘gexiv2_metadata_get_fnumber’?
  74 |   aperture = gexiv2_metadata_try_get_fnumber (e2m, &error);
     |              ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
     |              gexiv2_metadata_get_fnumber
../tools/exp_combine.cpp:77:7: error: ‘gexiv2_metadata_try_has_tag’ was not declared in this scope; did you mean ‘gexiv2_metadata_has_tag’?
  77 |   if (gexiv2_metadata_try_has_tag (e2m, "Exif.Image.ISOSpeedRatings", &error))
     |       ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
     |       gexiv2_metadata_has_tag
../tools/exp_combine.cpp:79:14: error: ‘gexiv2_metadata_try_get_iso_speed’ was not declared in this scope; did you mean ‘gexiv2_metadata_get_iso_speed’?
  79 |       gain = gexiv2_metadata_try_get_iso_speed (e2m, &error) / 100.0f;
     |              ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
     |              gexiv2_metadata_get_iso_speed
[16/1015] Compiling C object operations/common-gpl3+/gegl-common-gpl3.so.p/mosaic.c.o
ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.

Am I missing anything obvious? My laptop has an intel CPU and nvidia (quadro) GPU

Thank you very much for your help
(01-03-2024, 04:15 PM)lorange Wrote: Hello everyone, I would like to use the AI plugins for gimp and I'm trying to install the packages (babl and gegl) and gimp from source following https://github.com/intel/openvino-ai-plugins-gimp 

Unfortunately I get to an error when building gegl. Below is the final part of the error:

Code:
FAILED: tools/exp_combine.p/exp_combine.cpp.o
c++ -Itools/exp_combine.p -Itools -I../tools -I. -I.. -Igegl -I../gegl -Igegl/buffer -I../gegl/buffer -Igegl/graph -I../gegl/graph -Igegl/module -I../gegl/module -Igegl/opencl -I../gegl/opencl -Igegl/operation -I../gegl/operation -Igegl/process -I../gegl/process -Igegl/property-types -I../gegl/property-types -I/usr/local/include/babl-0.1 -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/libmount -I/usr/include/blkid -fdiagnostics-color=always -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -Wall -Winvalid-pch -std=gnu++14 -O2 -g -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -Ofast -DGEGL_ENABLE_DEBUG -Winit-self -Wmissing-declarations -Wpointer-arith -Wno-unused-parameter -Wno-cast-function-type -ftree-vectorize -pthread -MD -MQ tools/exp_combine.p/exp_combine.cpp.o -MF tools/exp_combine.p/exp_combine.cpp.o.d -o tools/exp_combine.p/exp_combine.cpp.o -c ../tools/exp_combine.cpp
../tools/exp_combine.cpp: In function ‘gfloat expcombine_get_file_ev(const gchar*)’:
../tools/exp_combine.cpp:71:5: error: ‘gexiv2_metadata_try_get_exposure_time’ was not declared in this scope; did you mean ‘gexiv2_metadata_get_exposure_time’?
  71 |     gexiv2_metadata_try_get_exposure_time (e2m, &nom, &den, &error);
     |     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
     |     gexiv2_metadata_get_exposure_time
../tools/exp_combine.cpp:74:14: error: ‘gexiv2_metadata_try_get_fnumber’ was not declared in this scope; did you mean ‘gexiv2_metadata_get_fnumber’?
  74 |   aperture = gexiv2_metadata_try_get_fnumber (e2m, &error);
     |              ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
     |              gexiv2_metadata_get_fnumber
../tools/exp_combine.cpp:77:7: error: ‘gexiv2_metadata_try_has_tag’ was not declared in this scope; did you mean ‘gexiv2_metadata_has_tag’?
  77 |   if (gexiv2_metadata_try_has_tag (e2m, "Exif.Image.ISOSpeedRatings", &error))
     |       ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
     |       gexiv2_metadata_has_tag
../tools/exp_combine.cpp:79:14: error: ‘gexiv2_metadata_try_get_iso_speed’ was not declared in this scope; did you mean ‘gexiv2_metadata_get_iso_speed’?
  79 |       gain = gexiv2_metadata_try_get_iso_speed (e2m, &error) / 100.0f;
     |              ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
     |              gexiv2_metadata_get_iso_speed
[16/1015] Compiling C object operations/common-gpl3+/gegl-common-gpl3.so.p/mosaic.c.o
ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.

Am I missing anything obvious? My laptop has an intel CPU and nvidia (quadro) GPU

Thank you very much for your help

What specific version did you pull? If you just compile the HEAD, it can be broken by a bad push. I tend ti checkout even numbered tagged versions, they are more stable (latest is GEGL_0_4_46).