Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GRID-Layout-Support: does GIMP support the work ?
dear community

The grid-layout-system was first used to arrange some kind of text, images or even handwriting on a sheet of paper and then many many years later in publishing to organize the layout of printed pages or on pictures.

Given that the printed page and the virtual page (like a wordpress-page) have much in common, it should come as no surprise that we also use it in web and app design. For all this i need a GIMP tool to achieve the intended work.

The question is: does GIMP have any plugin that covers that kind of layout-work: I want to creating a grid system for the virtual page – 
Well i guess that this is a little more complex than for the physical page – browsers handle information differently, and screens vary in size. but happily, however, the principle remains the same. 

Again: does GIMP have any plugin that support the Grid as a Design Principle?
Not too sure what you after
but you seem to be describing "page layout" or "desk top publishing"
Give Scribus a try and see if that does what you want
(You can use Gimp for the graphics and then do the layout in Scribus)
@sayhello
Best if you give some sort of personal example but this sort of thing maybe
(deleted reference I made, a bit too much advertising Wink  ) not quite the same but in scribus http://www.ocsmag.com/2015/11/12/the-art...ter-pages/

Nothing to stop you setting up a set of guides as a template. Guides (and masks / channels ) are saved as information in Gimp xcf  file format
edit: This sort of layout: https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-Export...4#pid11224

However, really you need some sort of frame based application. That is not Gimp especially when it comes to formatting text.  
Same as Blighty, I suggest Scribus. Do your graphics in Gimp for use elsewhere.
The big difference between a grid theme and a grid image is that a well-written theme resizes and reorganizes itself to fit the browser windows size. You will usually have a special version of the theme for small screens such as smartphones. In addition, the character rendering is done at the right size for the local browser.

By contrast an image will always remain at the same size, too big for a small screen, and too small for a high-definition screen, and if the user zooms in/out to compensate, texts is scaled and therefore blurry.

From that point of view a bland theme is more usable than an interesting image.

What you want is an application for web page design.