Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gif question
Hello everyone Smile

I have a bit of a complicated question 
Im creating a website and on it i want to have a GIF that explains some things
As im creating it im noticing that im using a lot of imgs ..
before I continue .. id like to know if there is a limit to howlong a GIF can be 
Can a GIF be too big/long that it simply will stop working ? 

(if its okay id like to keep this thread open, as I might have more questions as time goes on
im autistic and i easily get lost in on a forum.)
There might be a file size limit on your web site, I do not know.
The file size obviously depends on the image size and number of layers. Depending on the image, the file size can be reduced by optimizing the gif. Filter -> Animation -> Optimize

Duration of the animation depends on the number of layers and the delay between frames.

In File -> Export then Export Image as GIF
A setting for Delay between frames where unspecified. The "unspecified" comes from the image layer names where a delay can be specified. That is up to the gif creator. However the web browser used comes in here, some short delays and some long delays might be ignored.
Check boxes in File -> Export then Export Image as GIF to export As animation and Loop forever ie, run once or repeat.

Quote:...i want to have a GIF that explains some things..

Nice idea but depends what you want to explain.

Edit: Are you reallly using Gimp 2.8 ? It does not matter for this topic but might for others. There is a section dedicated to Gimp 2.8
Ahh doh! ofcourse it would matter on the site not the gimp, howmuch the site can handle! 
thanks for the gimp tut! that is very  kind of you and very helpful

thats what I saw when I clicked the "about" button, so I think im using that one 

I dont like when things change to much, as often im then unable to "just"use it (hard to explain my brain)
but if its better I use a newer one I will install that (i dont want to leave this forum xD it feels so nice n small)  

thank you again for your help! ill fix that gif and check out howmuch my site can handle

*edit* got what i wanted and it works like a charm thanks again!