Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gimp 2.10.0 no Filter>Enhance>Sharpen option
Music 
Hi. I noticed that Gimp 2.10.0 doesn't give users the Sharpen option under the Filters > Enhance menu. Once the filters list is opened with the enhance sub-menu, the formerly convenient Sharpen option is no longer there.  I found out about using the Sharpen/Blur tool, but it isn't as effective at sharpening my images.

Is there a way to find some file or other way to go into my previous gimp 2.6 folder and copy and paste some way to get back that filter option?  A script?  I don't want to have to revert to my Gimp 2.6 version to get back that filter option.  Can anyone help me solve this problem.  As you might guess I'm not too knowledgeable about the details of Gimp.  It hints at reckless driving.

Thanks,
Dawna_R 
(05-19-2022, 01:01 AM)Dawna_R Wrote:
Hi. I noticed that Gimp 2.10.0 doesn't give users the Sharpen option under the Filters > Enhance menu. Once the filters list is opened with the enhance sub-menu, the formerly convenient Sharpen option is no longer there.  I found out about using the Sharpen/Blur tool, but it isn't as effective at sharpening my images.

Is there a way to find some file or other way to go into my previous gimp 2.6 folder and copy and paste some way to get back that filter option?  A script?  I don't want to have to revert to my Gimp 2.6 version to get back that filter option.  Can anyone help me solve this problem.  As you might guess I'm not too knowledgeable about the details of Gimp.  It hints at reckless driving.

Thanks,
Dawna_R 

Even though I don't use it (I made my own highpass and so..), it's there

(05-19-2022, 06:25 AM)PixLab Wrote:
(05-19-2022, 01:01 AM)Dawna_R Wrote:

Thanks,
Dawna_R 

Even though I don't use it (I made my own highpass and so..), it's there

Not the same (more options), but technically, AFAIK the old Sharpen filter was  a unsharp mask with "hardwired"  parameters.

In Gimp 2.10, besides the plain unsharp mask, there are other ways, such as using Filters > Enhance > Wavelet decompose and duplicating the top layers.
I'll maybe give this a try.  I have some user manuals I scanned to my PC because I wanted to create a .pdf of all of them to print out.  As the manuals are, the text is way too small to read, so I enlarged and rearranged the images on the pages so they'd be large enough to easily read.  I'm thinking of doing enlarged copies on ledger sized paper.  It would have probably more sensible in the first place.