Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gimp 2.10.18 and fonts
Hello, everyone.

For the users that are already using Gimp 2.10.18, I would like to ask you if you are now able to change fonts in any plugin or script that you use?  I'm using an AppImage of Gimp at version 2.10.17 and don't have the ability to change fonts in any plugin or script that I use.  Some of these include bevel reflect logo, neon-logo, and mike license plate.

I was just wondering if all of that was fixed in the latest version.  Thanks.
Known problem. The last version to be free of that bug is 2.10.14.
@CtrlAltDel

Using linux. You might be able to drag-n-drop see: https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-Tip-Wo...4#pid16994
Using windows 10 on PC / gimp 2.10.18 : I tested several filters and plugins (also some PS . bf plugins) and no problems so far, even 'neon' is working again.

PS : I tested it and change fonts in scripts (Script-Fu) is not working in gimp 2.10.18.
(02-27-2020, 07:45 AM)rich2005 Wrote: @CtrlAltDel

Using linux. You might be able to drag-n-drop see: https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-Tip-Wo...4#pid16994

Great workaround trick, Rich.  It works for me on 2.10.17.  Thanks a lot.  With the known problems with bump-map in 2.10.14 and then the font/gradient/brush/pattern issues in releases after that, I had just resorted to going back to 2.10.12.

Now I don't have to use 2.10.12 any longer.

(02-27-2020, 07:52 AM)denzjos Wrote: Using windows 10 on PC / gimp 2.10.18 : I tested several filters and plugins (also some PS . bf plugins) and no problems so far, even 'neon' is working again.

PS : I tested it and change fonts in scripts (Script-Fu) is not working in gimp 2.10.18.

Thanks for checking on it, Denzjos. You and Ofnuts both agree that it's still an issue.  Luckily, thanks to Rich, I've found a workaround.

(02-27-2020, 07:23 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: Known problem. The last version to be free of that bug is 2.10.14.

Thank you, Ofnuts.  I was just wondering if it was still an issue with 2.10.18 since I haven't tried it yet.
Ctrl+Alt+Del,
With version 2.10.18 Samj's portable this problem is solved. It is possible to select the desired fonts in the scripts; at least for everyone I've used so far.
But it is a version for windows.
(02-27-2020, 11:30 AM)Krikor Wrote: Ctrl+Alt+Del,
With version 2.10.18 Samj's portable this problem is solved. It is possible to select the desired fonts in the scripts; at least for everyone I've used so far.
But it is a version for windows.

I'm using Linux, Krikor.  It's good to know that Window's users also have a fix, though.  While the workaround isn't quite as convenient for Linux users as just installing a modified portable version with the fix built in, it's okay.

I'm just happy to have it working.  Thanks.