Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gimp 2.10.4 Samj Version
I am having trouble making a brush.  I use Copy or Copy visable and Paste as but keep getting errors that stop the process. I do not know what this means.  Is there something I need to do to correct this?  I have Windows 10, 64 bit.
Thank you for any help you can give me.

If I understood correctly, you have an image, you do "copy" then "paste as brush" and you get that error.

I tried to do the same:
1-open an image (in my case a flower in .png)
1a-scaled down to around 200 px because it was huge
2-copy
3-paste as brush
4-entered brush name and filename ("white-rose"), letting space to default 25
5-entered OK
I have the new brush in my set
I'm using last samj's 2.10.4
(08-02-2018, 04:17 AM)dinasset Wrote: If I understood correctly, you have an image, you do "copy" then "paste as brush" and you get that error.

I tried to do the same:
1-open an image (in my case a flower in .png)
1a-scaled down to around 200 px because it was huge
2-copy
3-paste as brush
4-entered brush name and filename ("white-rose"), letting space to default 25
5-entered OK
I have the new brush in my set
I'm using last samj's 2.10.4
Thank you Dinasset for answering.  The only thing that I did not do that you did was to decrease the size.  I'll try that as I do not remember even checking the size to begin with.

Edit: I checked the size and tried again but would not work. I can export as a .gbr to the brushes folder and that works OK. Still keep getting error: Error: ( : 1) atom->string: needs 1 argument(s) when try to use edit, Paste as.
Sorry for your "elf" in samj's gimp.
I also re-tried with the previous samj's version (v.2, the last one is v.3) of 2.10.4, but the sequence (edit>copy, edit>paste as brush) still works without errors on my PC.
Mistery?
Pat,
that looks to me as if you have that scrolling script-fu  plugin installed somewhere.
Can you check that?
We discussed that on GC  some weeks ago. Scrolling Script-Fu plugin works with 2.10 but causes strange errors with scripts.
(08-03-2018, 05:59 PM)nelo Wrote: Pat,
that looks to me as if you have that scrolling script-fu  plugin installed somewhere.
Can you check that?
We discussed that on GC  some weeks ago. Scrolling Script-Fu plugin works with 2.10 but causes strange errors with scripts.

Thank you, Nelo.  The only one that is there is the one that came with the program.  I never added another as I did not have any trouble with the scm dialog boxes in 2.10.  I will check the one in the program to see if that is the cause.
Just for reference the link to where it was discussed on GC
http://gimpchat.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=16486&start=30

Maybe it helps somebody
(08-05-2018, 02:28 PM)nelo Wrote: Just for reference the link to where it was discussed on GC
http://gimpchat.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=16486&start=30

Maybe it helps somebody

Nelo, I had checked the Preferences user plug in folder and found no additional script fu plug in.  However, I had added additional plug in folders and missed one of them.  When checking again, I found another Script fu plug in.  I removed it and now my Alpha Shine works, but sends up all these error messages that it could not!  Oh, well.  as long as it works!
Thank you again for the info and reminder of what to check.

I will now check to see if I can make a brush!

Yay! I can make brushes!!
Thumbs Up 
Thanks for reporting back, Pat