Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Gimp 2.10" Brightness and contrast issues
I just recently updated from a previous version of gimp to 2.10 and have about 16 minutes ago found that the Brightness and contrast options show a accurate preview of what "should" happen but instead it does nothing.
I also just tried to use "levels" to try and accomplish the same effect but that also did the same thing (nothing)

This is a new image that has RGB color ect, but ill add more information here if i need to clarify things.
Usual problem, not able to reproduce those tools not working. Everything works fine here.

You updated 'recently', how recently? There was a buggy Windows installer that was replaced 5 or 6 days ago.

You should have the installer gimp-2.10.0-setup-2.exe

Is your Windows 64 bit or 32 bit? 32 bit Gimp is very flaky.

Did you have any 'extras' installed in your old Gimp 2.8? - While Gimp 2.10 uninstalls Gimp 2.8 there can be bits left behind that affect performance.

Can you try creating a new empty Gimp 2.10 profile

1. Delete the folder C:\Users\your-name\AppData\Roaming\GIMP
2. Rename your old Gimp 2.8 profile C:\Users\"yourname"\.gimp-2.8\ to say C:\Users\"yourname"\.ggimp-2.8
3. Start Gimp 2.10.0 to create a new default Gimp profile.

A new Gimp update Gimp 2.10.2 is expected in a few days. Wait for that, but worth making a clean profile first.
I updated on the 18th of this month, so last friday.
but for your questions
- Windows 10, 64 bit
- the only bits left where old preferences for some tools but i kind of swept those out to ensure nothing gets boogered up.
Ah... maybe found the smudge tool options... I will post anyway

If the flow setting is zero, smudge acts the same as Gimp 2.8
If the flow setting ➤ zero then it acts as a type of brush but to get the best benefit put the color into Linear mode. Image -> Precision -> Linear Light

[Image: fgNn6Bz.jpg]

Been messing with the various options? Maybe try
`Edit -> Preferences -> Tool Options -> reset Saved Tool Options to Default Values'