Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gimp 2.10, question about brushes size
Hi, i used an old version of Gimp for many many years. I've bought a new pc and i've installed the new version, Gimp 2.10.
I've a question about brushes size. In old version was easy, i took one brush and then resize it with the bar. Now i have to create a new brush for all the sizes i need, it's dramatic. Is there a way to make it faster and simple? Thank you for your time!
Brushes in recent versions of Gimp are scalable: you set the size through the 'Tool options' pane, as seen in the screenshot.

So, one brush of each kind (shape and hardness), and use the options (or look at the shortcuts: default for size is Control+ Alt + Scroll wheel) to change size, angle, aspect ratio...
--Logging out: I hope you find this useful.
Just for the record. the old Gimp 2.6 brushes are still there, just hidden

Go to C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\share\gimp\2.0\brushes and there is a folder  gimp-obsolete-files containing the brushes

To enable them rename the folder to some other name.

These now show up with the other brushes.

However, these are from another era when images were much smaller, not much use these days as a quick way to change size. Get used to the Gimp 2.10 brush tool options, as shown by Carmen, it really is much better.
There is always an option to save a brush as a pre-set but that is another subject Wink