Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gimp 2.8.22 How do I crop to a Free Selection?
(06-20-2022, 08:23 PM)rich2005 Wrote:
Quote:How do I put one image onto another? I need to put a pencil, a paintbrush, a set of music notes, and letters and numbers in certain specific places on the big smiley face I've drawn and saved. Also: how do I fine-tune the size of these images as I place them on the smiley face?....snip.....
....The scale tool won't let me fine-tune the scale of my second layer. Also, when I try to move my second layer as a floating layer, I can only see it within a rectangle. .....snip....
.... When I enlarge the image I'm placing on my base layer, IT gets bigger but the rectangle in which I can view it (as a separate second layer) does not. Maybe this is just a version 2.8.22 issue?

Making heavy going of this Wink Have to confess, I do not understand that last bit, I think you must be copying and pasting. Not a good idea. Add your images using File -> Open as Layers Then each layer can be adjusted as required.Save your work as a Gimp .xcf file. All layers are saved and you can go back and adjust later if required.

This might be a little simple for you, but there might be something that you can use. Sorry forgot about text, but the text tool add its own layer anyway.  All in Gimp 2.8.22 https://youtu.be/YP-BNyuvH_0

WOWWWW!!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!  Life has been happening Wink , and so I haven't been able to open this and watch the whole video (which isn't very long) until now. You put a lot of work into this! And it explains it perfectly, thank you! My GIMP looks a little different from yours, but the same options are there, and I was able to start placing my various images on my smiley face in the right places and sizes! YAAAYYYY!!!  Big Grin   Thank you!!!!!  Smile