Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gimp 2.9.6 portable for Windows
I want to try Gimp 2.9 and i have just downloaded 'Gimp-2.9.6-std-64bit-portable' from Partha.

Can i use this portable version without any problems on Win7 64bit and still keep my current Gimp 2.8.18 ?
(11-20-2017, 12:18 PM)Espermaschine Wrote: I want to try Gimp 2.9 and i have just downloaded 'Gimp-2.9.6-std-64bit-portable' from Partha.

Can i use this portable version without any problems on Win7 64bit and still keep my current Gimp 2.8.18 ?

Yes, The Partha version installs to a separate folder and the Gimp 2.9.6 profile is in "appdata" roaming.

Not 100% sure with the partha version but first-run when the new Gimp profile is created, the Gimp 2.8 resources, plugins, scripts etc are copied across. A good idea is temporarily disable (by renaming) the .gimp-2.8 folder before first run of Gimp 2.9.
Yes, it works.

Was especially interested in all the new transform tools.
A couple of hints:

In Edit -> Preferences -> Playground there are 'experimental' tools not normally activated, N-Point transform and Seamless clone.

Check that Edit -> Preferences -> System Resources -> Number of Threads to Use is set to 1

In Edit -> Preferences -> Interface The Theme and Icons are now split.
Appreciated !