Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gimp Filter: Adjust images for a slideshow more automatically?
How to adjust images for a slideshow easily?

Hi.
I want to make a gif-slideshow or video from photos taken manually "free hand" of the same place daily: building a house.

1.Do you know Gimp addons which would help?

2. Special wish for a plugin: Adjusting by setting "alignment pixel points"?
These images must be adjusted very exactly not to get a shaky effect in the slideshow, maybe in a faster animation effect.
First all images must be centered to an exact to be clicked middle point fixed on the first image.
Second all images must then be rotated and stretched a little because taken by shaky hand and slightly different distances and angles.
So i think a special addon could center and rotate photos by giving manually 2 points of orientation which the user must set on each photo: Two same pixels on 2 objects on each photo.
E.g. on a photo of a house it would be 1. the doorknob and 2. the window handle.

The measure tool to straighten images is not exactly enough i think.
And i would temporary ignore the needed third adjustment of correcting the "falling lines" which would need a third pixel in another direction. 

I hope you understand it. Smile 
thx
c:
I would suggest use the panorama software Hugin, but if you want to use gimp there are a few other solutions
A two point solution :
https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-Stitch...ht=denzjos
A solution with a reference picture, here used to correct staves, in your case it's a house.
Use 4 points that are visisble on every photo and use one photo as reference with 4 points to correct all other.
https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-move-s...sions?high
(02-02-2023, 03:51 AM)Clemens Ratte-Polle Wrote: 2. Special wish for a plugin: Adjusting by setting "alignment pixel points"?
These images must be adjusted very exactly not to get a shaky effect in the slideshow, maybe in a faster animation effect.
First all images must be centered to an exact to be clicked middle point fixed on the first image.
Second all images must then be rotated and stretched a little because taken by shaky hand and slightly different distances and angles.
So i think a special addon could center and rotate photos by giving manually 2 points of orientation which the user must set on each photo: Two same pixels on 2 objects on each photo.
E.g. on a photo of a house it would be 1. the doorknob and 2. the window handle.
You could try my script:

http://programmer97.byethost10.com/Files...ically.zip

This is definitely not automatic - you enter the coordinates of two points in the image that you want to match and the coordinates of where those points actually are in the image that is to be moved; which is I think what you are asking for above. Run the script on the image that is to be moved and it rotates, moves and stretches in one operation (so avoiding possible artifacts caused by performing the operations sequentially). As I say it isn't automatic but it might help.
(02-02-2023, 03:51 AM)Clemens Ratte-Polle Wrote: How to adjust images for a slideshow easily?

Hi.
I want to make a gif-slideshow or video from photos taken manually "free hand" of the same place daily: building a house.

1.Do you know Gimp addons which would help?

Why you want an add on? I mean what do you know about GIMP for you to ask an add-on?

(02-02-2023, 03:51 AM)Clemens Ratte-Polle Wrote: 2. Special wish for a plugin: Adjusting by setting "alignment pixel points"?

Special wish for a plugin ... Again, why do you want a plugin? I mean GIMP has the tool for that, it work a bit differently, but you will have all your layers aligned perfectly from the center.

It's called the Alignment tool https://docs.gimp.org/en/gimp-tool-align.html
Before:

After (one click)

(02-02-2023, 03:51 AM)Clemens Ratte-Polle Wrote: Second all images must then be rotated and stretched a little because taken by shaky hand and slightly different distances and angles.

Yeah, OK... just link them in the layers dialog (tip to link them all at once hit the Shift key, and clik on the link, a second time to unlink them all after your transform Wink )
Link them and all layers linked will rotate at once.

(02-02-2023, 03:51 AM)Clemens Ratte-Polle Wrote: So i think a special addon could center and rotate photos by giving manually 2 points of orientation which the user must set on each photo: Two same pixels on 2 objects on each photo.

The measure tool to straighten images is not exactly enough i think.
And i would temporary ignore the needed third adjustment of correcting the "falling lines" which would need a third pixel in another direction. 

I hope you understand it. Smile 
thx
c:

Have a bit of difficulties to understand the latest (underlined, I mean i don't understand 2 same pixels, 2 objects, is it the same pixel... some sort of array or multidimensional array?), but over all I hope I understood the main subject, anyway IMO you don't need add-on, GIMP has native tools for it (I think) Wink
(02-02-2023, 03:10 PM)PixLab Wrote: Have a bit of difficulties to understand the latest (underlined, I mean i don't understand 2 same pixels, 2 objects, is it the same pixel... some sort of array or multidimensional array?), but over all I hope I understood the main subject, anyway IMO you don't need add-on, GIMP has native tools for it (I think) Wink

I must admit that I'm not familiar with the Align tool but looking at it does it not handle only vertical and horizontal shifts - i.e. not rotation and stretch/shrink? If this is the case it is not appropriate for the required purpose.

If I understand the OP correctly they have two images of the same subject but as they are taken hand-held it may take shifting, rotation and scaling to align them. In the example they give they might know the coordinates of the pixel at the top of a door handle and those of a given point on the window handle. To get the second image to align with the first one it must be transformed so that the two pixels in the second image have the same coordinates as the corresponding pixels in the first image. The script that I suggested allows the user to enter the coordinates of the door and windows handles in the original image and the coordinates of the door and window handles in the second image. It then uses an affine transformation to shift, rotate and scale (if necessary) the second image so that it is aligned with the first image. This is done in one operation rather than a series of shifts, rotates, scaling etc. with interpolation being done multiple times rather than just once when using the script.
(02-02-2023, 10:31 AM)programmer_ceds Wrote:
You could try my script:

http://programmer97.byethost10.com/Files...ically.zip

This is definitely not automatic - you enter the coordinates of two points in the image that you want to match and the coordinates of where those points actually are in the image that is to be moved; which is I think what you are asking for above. Run the script on the image that is to be moved and it rotates, moves and stretches in one operation (so avoiding possible artifacts caused by performing the operations sequentially). As I say it isn't automatic but it might help.

Got a similar script. But you know me, instead of entering coordinates, you create a path with 4 points Smile
(02-02-2023, 05:10 PM)programmer_ceds Wrote:
(02-02-2023, 03:10 PM)PixLab Wrote: Have a bit of difficulties to understand the latest (underlined, I mean i don't understand 2 same pixels, 2 objects, is it the same pixel... some sort of array or multidimensional array?), but over all I hope I understood the main subject, anyway IMO you don't need add-on, GIMP has native tools for it (I think) Wink

I must admit that I'm not familiar with the Align tool but looking at it does it not handle only vertical and horizontal shifts - i.e. not rotation and stretch/shrink? If this is the case it is not appropriate for the required purpose.

If I understand the OP correctly they have two images of the same subject but as they are taken hand-held it may take shifting, rotation and scaling to align them. In the example they give they might know the coordinates of the pixel at the top of a door handle and those of a given point on the window handle. To get the second image to align with the first one it must be transformed so that the two pixels in the second image have the same coordinates as the corresponding pixels in the first image. The script that I suggested allows the user to enter the coordinates of the door and windows handles in the original image and the coordinates of the door and window handles in the second image. It then uses an affine transformation to shift, rotate and scale (if necessary) the second image so that it is aligned with the first image. This is done in one operation rather than a series of shifts, rotates, scaling etc. with interpolation being done multiple times rather than just once when using the script.

Oh, Ok, I did miss the stretching/shrink/scale part, thanks for your explanations.