Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gimp No Longer Scans In Images
I'm using GIMP 2.10.32 on Windows 11 and until a week ago I had no problems scanning in old photos. However, now when I try to scan a photo GIMP starts the scan appears to complete the scan, but it no longer brings the image into GIMP.

I reinstalled GIMP but that didn't solve my problem.
What has changed since you last scanned anything ? Any Windows updates that might have changed your scanner drivers ?
Gimp uses a 32 bit TWAIN plugin to link to that scanner driver. If the scanner driver is 64 bit then the Gimp plugin will not work.

Reinstalling Gimp rarely does any good.
The program settings are held in your Gimp profile, created after Gimp is installed and therefore not normally replaced.

In case there is some setting that stops the scan try:
Rename your Gimp profile (in Windows) C:\Users\"yourname"\AppData\Roaming\GIMP to maybe C:\Users\"yourname"\AppData\Roaming\GIMP-backup

Start Gimp and a new default profile is made. See if the scanner works.

I use linux, so no way of checking Win 11 or a xxx type scanner (what make of scanner ?) give as much information as possible in case any Windows 11 user can assist.
Thanks for your response. The printer is an HP Envy Photo 7855. I renamed my Gimp profile but that didn't help. I went into device manager but oddly enough there's no driver tab in properties. Photoshop still scans in images fine. Might also post on HP's forum see if anyone else has had this issue with Gimp and the Envy Photo 7855.
A bit of a search and as far as I can see the TWAIN driver is 32 bit

Just a shame that HP bundles a big installer https://printerdrivers.com/hp-envy-photo-7855-driver/

You can check to see if C:\Windows\Twain_32 exists (indicating the existance of the 32 bit driver)
I just checked and I do have c:\windows\twain_32. I'll keep trouble shooting this and if I can figure it out, I'll post my solution here.
the solutions worked for me, thanks
i had problem with the driver  forpc.onl youtube vanced for pc