Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
creases
(Today, 12:31 AM)PixLab Wrote:
(Yesterday, 06:11 PM)novalore40 Wrote: thanks so much finially figured it out i forgot to make the layers the same size thats what was throwing me off thanks so much for everyones help

You're far to be the only one, that's very unintuitive, we should not be obliged to to resize layers to do a bump map or any other mapping, I'll will report it to the GIMP Team  Wink

i agree its such a pain in the butt
(Today, 12:31 AM)PixLab Wrote:
(Yesterday, 06:11 PM)novalore40 Wrote: thanks so much finially figured it out i forgot to make the layers the same size thats what was throwing me off thanks so much for everyones help

You're far to be the only one, that's very unintuitive, we should not be obliged to to resize layers to do a bump map or any other mapping, I'll will report it to the GIMP Team  Wink

Then you explain the zillion options to manage the part without a corresponding pixel in the bump map (do nothing, continue with value closest to edge or closest to center...). Requiring the layers to be the same size gives you all the options...
(6 hours ago)Ofnuts Wrote: Then you explain the zillion options to manage the part without a corresponding pixel in the bump map (do nothing, continue with value closest to edge or closest to center...). Requiring the layers to be the same size gives you all the options...

None of the options you've mentioned are there, see screenshot...

This reminds me the Color to Alpha filter, before we cannot use it if we do not add manually an alpha channel to the layer, they finally auto-add an alpha channel after some reports, same here, they should add a tick box to auto resize the layers, checked by default ➤ for the beginners...
Patrice
(5 hours ago)PixLab Wrote:
(6 hours ago)Ofnuts Wrote: Then you explain the zillion options to manage the part without a corresponding pixel in the bump map (do nothing, continue with value closest to edge or closest to center...). Requiring the layers to be the same size gives you all the options...

None of the options you've mentioned are there, see screenshot...

Exactly... But if the layers could have different sizes, they would have to be. Requiring the layers to have equal size makes the users decide what they really want to do.