Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
making a gif but all layers stay visible
Hi I am trying to make a gif for the first time and it works but instead of each layer playing after one another they stay visable after they play meaning i have loads of layers visable at all times like in attachment how do i make them play and dissaper when the next image shows? and how do you control the speed they play at? kind regards -buill

(10-08-2022, 02:47 PM)buill Wrote: Hi I am trying to make a gif for the first time and it works but instead of each layer playing after one another they stay visable after they play meaning i have loads of layers visable at all times like in attachment how do i make them play and dissaper when the next image shows? and how do you control the speed they play at? kind regards -buill

this is how im saving

Attached Files Image(s)

The short answer is that you need to check those two check boxes "Use delay entered for all frames" (and then enter a value to your liking) and " Use Disposal Entered for all Frames" making sure that  "One frame per layer (replace)" option is specified in the listbox above it (as it is in your illustration)

On a more involved. basis, if you are going to edit gifs, you need to be familiar with the layers dialog. Look in the following screen shot at the area with the red arrow.    Note the the frame delay  and frame handling instructions  are specified for each frame.

In the image you boosted from giphy, the frame handling instruction is (combine) which is what is causing your problem. Changing the setting as mentioned above and then saving as a new image will change (combine) to (replace) for every frame

[Image: oMIYKh5.png]

(10-08-2022, 03:22 PM)rickk Wrote: The short answer is that you need to check those two check boxes "Use delay entered for all frames" (and then enter a value to your liking) and " Use Disposal Entered for all Frames" making sure that  "One frame per layer (replace)" option is specified in the listbox above it (as it is in your illustration)

On a more involved. basis, if you are going to edit gifs, you need to be familiar with the layers dialog. Look in the following screen shot at the area with the red arrow.    Note the the frame delay  and frame handling instructions  are specified for each frame.

In the image you boosted from giphy, the frame handling instruction is (combine) which is what is causing your problem. Changing the setting as mentioned above and then saving as a new image will change (combine) to (replace) for every frame

[Image: oMIYKh5.png]

aah thanks yeah it works now
Sometimes if the previous author has "optimized" the gif image, an additional step is required where you go in to the [Filters] menu, then into the  [animation]  sub menu, and select "de-optimise" before changing the settings as outlined above