Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gimp won´t clean up my photos
I usually use Gimp to clean up photos of miniatures.
Normally i do the following thing drag and drop the photo into gimp, then click colors, levels and then auto.
There done, maybe do a few corrections here and there, but normally that is it.

Well for some reason Gimp won´t do that anymore.
I have tried opening its as administrator, tried to opening it through files, cutting out the relevant part of the photo and copying it the new page, Reinstalling it nothing helps.
Gimp simply treats my picture as if it isn´t there, anyone know how to fix it?

I am running the latest version of Windows 10.
The usual question. Was working before, not working now. What changed ? Was it Gimp or was it Windows.

Could it be the protected folders thing for Win 10 ? see: https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gimp/-/issues/5028
(02-14-2021, 08:43 AM)rich2005 Wrote: The usual question. Was working before, not working now. What changed ? Was it Gimp or was it Windows.

Could it be the protected folders thing for Win 10 ? see: https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gimp/-/issues/5028

It might have been windows, because the problem was with both the last version of Gimp i had and the current one.
I don´t get any error message or anything.
The best way to describe it, is as if Gimp treats the picture like it isn´t even there.
I click on the Auto and nothing happens.
I see what you are saying. Re-installing Gimp rarely does anything. Often it is some user setting that is no longer obvious and these settings are held in your Gimp profile which remains between installations.
Try Edit -> Preferences -> Tool Options and click on "Reset Saved Tool Options to Default Values" Restart Gimp, see if it makes any difference.

Otherwise a clear screenshot of the whole Gimp interface with open image, tool options, layers, any open dialogue might help, someone might spot an overlooked option.