Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For the Microsoft's Windows users.
Please don't tell me "Yes, but...", it's already insane just to accept these conditions.

Patrice
Why don’t windows ever get invited to parties? They’re too transparent about everything.
(02-09-2024, 09:50 AM)denzjos Wrote: Why don’t windows ever get invited to parties? They’re too transparent about everything.

On that note, "A computer is like air conditioning, it becomes useless when you open Windows" (Linus Torvalds)

Apple is not better, maybe worse, the day Steve Jobs died, when I started my iMac, not even loaded at 20% instead of having the usual Apple logo, I got a Steve Jobs indexed photo, I was extremely upset, because it meant that the system did already call home and not loaded yet. That day I bought Little Snitch
Patrice
Good protection of a computer was once again proven to me when I recently installed a new version of Freecad with some add-ins (from the official Freecad website). When saving a design, Avast warned that Freecad was accessing protected PDF files on my computer.  Angry Errors were also always reported when using a certain add-in. I reported it on the Freecad forum. There are also helpful people there, such as on this forum. On their advice, I installed the previous version of Freecad and the problem was solved.
(02-10-2024, 07:34 AM)denzjos Wrote: Good protection of a computer was once again proven to me ...........//..........

Having an antivirus does not mean you have good protection, especially when seeing that Windows has not finished yet to load when it starts start and has already sold/connect all your behavior to third companies, just knowing that Microsoft knows your mouse movement, file you click on, window you open, etc... should alarm you. Wink

BTW on websites is it is called "heatmap" or "mouse tracking heat map", on the statistics page you can clearly see where a visitor move its mouse, when they scroll, where they click, how long the mouse is inactive or moving, and so on and on and on... but that's on a website... ➤ here we are speaking about tracking a person on its personal computer.
When an OS needs a minimum of 4 GB of RAM to run like Windows 11(*), a question rises ➤ What's going on in the background...

(*) If you have 16 Gb of ram it will use 7Gb ➤ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind...829f2a2dbe
Patrice