Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gradient Color Dispersement
How do I convert a palette, of multiple colors, directly to a gradient? I know I did this a long time ago...but now I can't get it for the life of me. I can do the "segment split"...but I want a palette of, say 5 colors, to be imputed and spaced evenly.
Right click on the palette you want, a context menu opens, select Palette to gradient, then check in the gradient list the name your palette ➤ the new gradient will be named the same name as your palette's name(*)
If the Palettes dock/dialog is not open, on the top menu go to Windows ➤ Dockable Dialogs ➤ Palettes

(*) You can rename it there ➤ Gradient Editor

On a side note, there are a lot of things happening with a right click inside those dialogs tab, like in the layer's stack, the path tab, the gradient tab, patterns tab and so on and on, also when a tab is in focus click on that icon Dock menu on the extreme right side of the group of tabs/dialogs, and select <Tabname> Menu Wink
...and if you don't see "Palette to Gradient" you're probably missing python support.
PixLab & nelo...thank you VERY much!!! That was the ticket. I don't know how I missed something that darn obvious...lol.