Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grid Rearrangement
(04-23-2022, 07:23 AM)tmanni Wrote: If images in Chart A are always in the same order, this task can be fully automated with a script.
Some details need to be precised:
- are the images (in the grid cells) of same size ?
- are the images positioned next to each other without padding space or is there some padding ?
- if padding, what kind: solid color ? full transparency ?
- if padding, is there the need to center each image in there respective grid cell in Chart B ?

-The grid cells are the same size, but the images are all slightly different. They are on a transparent background
-There is some transparent padding between images
-I would need the images to be snapped to the center of each cell

I've been playing around with both Ofnuts's layer-tiles script and gasMask's Roller. Repeating the layer-tiles script from one pair of charts to the next is fairly straightforward (I made a reference sheet for the cells I need to transfer from Chart A and then the order they should go in). Roller definitely looks like it would be more time efficient when it comes to repeating the process over many pairs of charts, but I'm afraid the setup for it has gone a little over my head so far.  @gasMask, I really like the look of Roller because it seems like it's just about exactly what I need here, but is there any way you could walk me through how you would use Roller here in a little more depth? Obviously I don't want you to spend a ton of your own time helping me out, but just kind of a walkthrough for how to go from the Effect-Table step to the process you mention would be really appreciated.

Again, thanks a ton for the support.