Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where is G'MIC?
Can't get G'MIC to appear in the Filters list, I'm on a Windows 10 64-bit PC with the latest GIMP 2.10.34 (Revision 2).
Tried everything, must be missing something? Uninstalled GIMP from the Program Files directory, uninstalled G'MIC too, then re-installed (both latest versions). Set preferences, plug-in dirs etc, to no avail, still no G'MIC.. All my other plug-ins are there..
Currently deleting my brain lol..
Ok, looks like there is a problem. This using a Win10 (VM), a clean install of Gimp 2.10.34 (rev. 2) and the gimp_gmic_qt (version 3.2.6) Windows installer.

Not sure if that is caused by the updated Gimp installation or the gmic plugin installer. I seem to recall a similar thing happened in the past and that required an updated gmic plugin for the new Gimp version. 

I will have a dig around for those missing files but it might need a fix from gmic. My internet connection is not very fast these days, everything takes a bit longer.
(08-15-2023, 03:57 PM)rich2005 Wrote: Ok, looks like there is a problem. This using a Win10 (VM), a clean install of Gimp 2.10.34 (rev. 2) and the gimp_gmic_qt (version 3.2.6) Windows installer.

Not sure if that is caused by the updated Gimp installation or the gmic plugin installer. I seem to recall a similar thing happened in the past and that required an updated gmic plugin for the new Gimp version. 

I will have a dig around for those missing files but it might need a fix from gmic. My internet connection is not very fast these days, everything takes a bit longer.

I've installed gmic pre-release 3.2.7 but still no-go, will try an older version just in case.
+ btw I don't get any error msgs like you do.

EDIT: OK I GOT IT TO WORK... but, I had to use an older version (gmic 3.0.2) from Feb 2022 (happened to be available on my system), it seems fine, but I don't think it can be updated because of it's age.. it will do for now. Hope something can be done about the new version though...
I also have it working, took the two missing dll's from an older version of Gimp 2.10.34 and popped them into the gmic 3.2.6 folder.

The two files zipped here for anyone interested  1.2 MB
 https://u.pcloud.link/publink/show?code=...q1AQ9DN9KV

Someone should tell David Tschumperlé to go back to the earlier setup or the Gimp devs to put the files back in.
Thanks for the files, but now I can't access one of Reptorian's old filters 'Goofy Resampling' (Just came upon it whilst perusing 3.0.2) lol
Swings and roundabouts!