Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Halloween rider
It looks very unpolished but, whatever... I'm enjoying this type of Photoshop manipulation videos, and recently I'm trying to make something in the same spirit with GIMP.

I'd be thankful for some suggestions/feedback.

[Image: Iu6uQrb.jpg]
Thumbs Up 
Nice!
Thanks for sharing.
Samj PortableGimp 2.10.28 - Win-10 /64.
We miss some GIMP speed art on YouTube, especially when it's smoothly mixed with G'MIC, like you did we feel they are one software, Darktable at the end was the cherry on the icing, well done! [Image: thumbsup.png]
Really impressive, don't hesitate to produce and share more like this !

Only one remark about the compositing : there is some disturbing effect in the whole result due to light sources : for the cowboy/horse, there is a global, top light source, but for the pumpkin,  a clear top right directional light is used ; front branches are lighten either from top, top-right or top-left.
And the only visible source light in the scene to guide the spectator eye is the moon located... left.
(10-30-2022, 12:56 AM)tmanni Wrote: Really impressive, don't hesitate to produce and share more like this !

Only one remark about the compositing : there is some disturbing effect in the whole result due to light sources : for the cowboy/horse, there is a global, top light source, but for the pumpkin,  a clear top right directional light is used ; front branches are lighten either from top, top-right or top-left.
And the only visible source light in the scene to guide the spectator eye is the moon located... left.

Thanks! Learning to use proper highlights and shadows is definitely something that I should work on.