Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'Heal Selection' Missing in Gimp 2.10.6 on Ubuntu 18.10
Question 
I've just updated Ubuntu from version 18.04 to 18.10, and that has updated Gimp from 2.8.? to 2.10.6.

One of the features that I regularly use is "Heal Selection" that appears in the Filters->Enhance menu, but it's absent from Ubuntu's Gimp 2.10.6. Anybody know why?

I understand that the "Heal Selection" feature uses the Resynthesizer plugin, and in Ubuntu that is included in the "gimp-plugin-registry" package, a package that contains multiple plugins, and I do have that installed. The Resynthesizer's own menu entry is present in its usual place at Filters->Map->Resynthesize, but that doesn't include the "Heal Selection" feature.

Has "Heal Selection" been deliberately removed from Gimp 2.10? Or does it now live in its own plugin that needs to be installed from somewhere? Or is this likely to be an oversight by Ubuntu's package maintainers? Or have I missed something obvious (which I must admit is often the case). Any ideas, please?

Messages In This Thread
'Heal Selection' Missing in Gimp 2.10.6 on Ubuntu 18.10 - by Dave Rove - 10-22-2018, 04:37 PM