Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heal and Clone source
(08-26-2023, 05:38 PM)PixLab Wrote:
(08-26-2023, 04:20 PM)PeterH01 Wrote: By shear chance I tried the other Ctrl key (on my laptop - the one to the right of the space bar ) and it works, so I guess it's something Mint has done. I'll post on the Mint forum and see if anyone has any ideas.
(08-26-2023, 04:20 PM)PeterH01 Wrote: Most work OK

if most work ok, but not all or irregularly -> Might be your keyboard as well, how old is your laptop? dust? some time ago some liquid on the keyboard?

I rebooted into Windows (same machine) and it works as it should. So definitely a Mint issue.
(08-27-2023, 08:35 AM)PeterH01 Wrote: I rebooted into Windows (same machine) and it works as it should. So definitely a Mint issue.

Oh.. ok. Good to know that you have narrowed the issue Wink
Patrice
Exactly the same issue. Gimp 2.10.30 on Mint 22.04 Cinnamon 5.54.
Ctrl-Click just doesn't do anything, no source is selected. My Ctrl key doesn't appear to be intercepted as it works with other functions. I have never been able to get a Heal source to work.
(09-22-2023, 03:58 AM)Bandha Wrote: Exactly the same issue. Gimp 2.10.30 on Mint 22.04 Cinnamon 5.54.
Ctrl-Click just doesn't do anything, no source is selected. My Ctrl key doesn't appear to be intercepted as it works with other functions. I have never been able to get a Heal source to work.

If your keyboard has a second Ctrl key (to the right of the space bar) try that. It works for me.
(08-26-2023, 04:20 PM)PeterH01 Wrote: By shear chance I tried the other Ctrl key (on my laptop - the one to the right of the space bar ) and it works, so I guess it's something Mint has done. I'll post on the Mint forum and see if anyone has any ideas.

This worked on Debian 12
(09-22-2023, 07:58 AM)PeterH01 Wrote:
(09-22-2023, 03:58 AM)Bandha Wrote: Exactly the same issue. Gimp 2.10.30 on Mint 22.04 Cinnamon 5.54.

If your keyboard has a second Ctrl key (to the right of the space bar) try that. It works for me.

FWIW I am running Linux Mint 21.2 (this is the latest version so not sure where Mint 22.04 noted above comes from) with Cinnamon 5.8.4 with GIMP V2.10.36 flatpak and the left-hand control key works fine for me on both a laptop and a desk-top. So I don't think that it is a Mint issue per se. Do you have anything like xbindkeys installed? Seems to me as though something is grabbing your left control key.

I only have a left-hand control key on the laptop. The PC keyboard has both left and right control keys and both can be used in the selection of the clone.

Could it be the keyboard layout that you have selected?
I just had this problem -- Left-Ctrl did not work to set a clone source, but Right-Ctrl worked as expected.

The problem, in my case, was that I had turned on a system (not gimp) setting to help me find the mouse pointer on the screen, which (at least from the Settings GUI) appears to be hard-bound to the Left-Ctrl key.  Now that I have turned off that setting, I can select a clone source using either Ctrl key.  (All of this applies to Heal as well.)

The setting in question can be found at:
     Settings > Universal Access > Pointing & Clicking > Locate Pointer

Thanks to @PeterH01 for the Right-Ctrl suggestion.  That was the clue I needed!

Details:
O/S: Ubuntu 20.04.6 LTS
Desktop: Whichever version of Gnome is current (sorry, I don't know which of the many Gnome packages' version numbers to believe)
Gimp: 2.10.36