Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help: I can't save pictures
This is the problem I am facing: When I try to save a picture, I can't. The "save as" and "save" commands are irresponsive. When I click on them, the only thing that happens is that the Toobox disappears.
I am using Windows 10 and Gimp 2.8.22.

Thanks.

Never mind. Issued solved...
(10-27-2017, 05:06 PM)Xinuque Wrote: This is the problem I am facing: When I try to save a picture, I can't. The "save as" and "save" commands are irresponsive. When I click on them, the only thing that happens is that the Toobox disappears.

Thanks.

What was the issue? This could help others.
I have this problem too. I'm running GIMP 2.10.22 64 bit in Windows 10 (recently installed after reinstalling Windows). Whenever I try to save or export an image, nothing happens, and then when I click something else in the GIMP window it goes all faint, and won't do anything at all. Eventually I have to terminate it with Task Manager. Like this I can't do anything useful with GIMP at all. How do I fix this, or how do I investigate what's causing the problem? I have seen lots of other reports of similar problems, including some saying that it is fixed, but how? Is there a version that doesn't suffer from this problem that I can try installing?

Thanks - Rowan
The only recent comment I have seen for Windows (and since I use linux no confirmation) is:

-----quote----
Windows 10 save problem
What I had to do was - Go to Settings, type "Controlled folder access"
which took me to the Windows Defender Security Centre/Ransomware protection/Controlled folder access.
Switch to "Off"
--------------
In my case it was already off. What do I try next?

Thanks - Rowan

(10-27-2017, 08:18 PM)Ofnuts Wrote:
(10-27-2017, 05:06 PM)Xinuque Wrote: This is the problem I am facing: When I try to save a picture, I can't. The "save as" and "save" commands are irresponsive. When I click on them, the only thing that happens is that the Toobox disappears.

Thanks.

What was the issue? This could help others.
Please can you say HOW it was solved? Maybe the same fix will work for me...

Thank you - Rowan
There was this thread where the problem was the AV. Might be worth checking.

http://gimpchat.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=...10#p259780